Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break + Himalayan Salt Plates

My lady and I just returned yesterday evening to our apartment after having gone home for spring break. We had a wonderful time hanging out with old friends, watching our favorite movies, and chowing down on some great food at Chipotle in Seattle. It's put me in a good mood, and I think I'm ready for the quarter to start tomorrow.

While I was at home I stumbled upon something called Himalayan salt plates, and I think they look like a lot of fun. The plates are made of pink salt harvested in the Himalayas and cut into blocks. They can be cooked on or used as a serving plate. You can read more about them at The Italian Dish and purchase them at the The Meadow and at Dean and Deluca.

 
I've also found some great instructional videos for the salt plates. Here's one on using the salt plate over a grill, and here's another video demonstrating how to use the plate on the stove with flank steak.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...