Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Subscriptions

My girlfriend and I are going through a tight time financially right now, so, in an effort to keep my spirits up, I'm playing games with myself and planning on what I'll spend my imaginary future monies. I've decided that when I do have some extra cash, I'm going to subscribe to several magazines/journals. I love getting good stuff in the mail, and lately all I've been getting are bills and care packages from my mom.  I've narrowed my journal "wish list" down to these three: Hi-Fructose, Martha Stuart Living, and the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.

Hi-Fructose is a magazine filled with amazing art work. Each issue features up and coming artists and their work, along with articles, and interviews. I really can't wait to get my hands on my own copy. 

I know a lot of people have a not-so-kind opinion of Martha, because, let's face it, she most likely is not the one coming up with the majority of the ideas and projects in her articles. I still love the magazine, and admire her for her entrepreneurial skillz. I always look forward to the Halloween issue, it's the only magazine issue I consistently buy at the grocery store.

Applied behavior analysis is basically phrenology to people even in the field of psychology in that many psychologists consider behaviorism to be "dead". I wasn't aware it even existed 2 years ago, and now I'm getting my masters degree in it. I think it would be helpful to me to stay abreast of current research by subscribing to this journal, given I will be working in the field as a professional in a few short years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...